Why Digital is the Best Choice…
ADDING MESSAGE BOARDS TO SIGNS
Have you ever made a spontaneous retail purchase? I recently bought a dozen roses for my wife from a retailer I never knew because a digital sign told me they were on sale and it happened to be our anniversary. For that reason, I know personally that digital advertising works, and I know I’m not the only one who makes spontaneous purchasing decisions.
Academic studies back this up, showing that 50-60% of on-premise purchases are spontaneous. The Pratt Retail Institute, an organization involved in research and consulting work related to retail marketing, says that spontaneous purchase rates of more than 50% should affirm adding message boards to signs.
Businesses that utilize some form of changeable message system already know roadside messaging works. Of all changeable message systems, upgrading to digital makes the most sense because digital messaging offers the highest level of visibility and on-going attention, aesthetics, message changeability and adaptability for targeted marketing strategies.
Most Common Forms of Changeable Message Systems:
- Digital Signage
- Manually Changeable Sign Boards
Of all the examples listed above, only digital messaging has the lowest daily cost and highest flexibility when displaying multiple different messages on a daily basis. Many times people with existing manually-changeable signs approach us to convert them to digital boards as there are many advantages in doing so.
Here are the top 10 reasons to upgrade to digital:
1) Digital Messaging provides multiple, customized messages to reach diverse demographic groups with a variety of goods and services;
2) The movement and brightness of digital gets more attention;
3) 50-60% of consumers make last minute purchase decisions and digital ups the chances to reach them with the right message at the right time;
4) Digital Messaging creates new advertisements quickly and inexpensively;
5) Viewers can understand an image much more quickly than words;
6) With digital you don’t have to worry about employee safety as copy is updated in parking lot traffic or bad weather;
7) Digital software is equipped with spell check features so no embarrassing misspelled words in public;
8) No worries about not having enough letters for the messages you want;
9) With digital the wind won’t blow letters off your message;
10) Ability to pre-schedule messages and not worry about who’s going to change the sign.
Holiday Signs regularly retrofits existing manual marquees to digital message boards. The process involves a call or visit from a project manager to assess each custom situation. We check codes, survey the existing support structure and assess viewing angles and distances to suggest the right size unit and pixel pitch for the site. The project manager asks questions about the content to be displayed and will make further recommendations for what is best. (See ABC’s of EMC’s for more information about digital messaging.)
Once the exact needs are assessed and our proposal is accepted, the project is scheduled and software training is conducted before the digital sign is installed. During installation, technicians remove and dispose of the existing marquee(s) and replace with new digital unit(s). Most customers see results immediately or shortly after the upgrade.
- More Digital Messaging Signs Stories:
Here are other Articles You May Like: