SIGN DESIGN AND EFFECTIVE CONTRAST
Part 2- Contrast in Text
PART OF THE GRAPHIC DESIGN TOOLBOX
Effective sign design utilizes contrasting text colors, sizes, shapes, locations, or relationships for specific reasons.
- Creates Interest vs Monotony
- Captures Attention of Target Market
- Establishes Brand Value Perception (Low or High)
The designing of exterior branding signage must take into account design factors not considered in print design:
- Day/night viewing
- Architectural wall materials (brick, stucco, glass, etc.)
- Site background elements (greenery, urban landscape, sky, etc.)
Creating good contrast while keeping in line with architectural and environmental aesthetics can get tricky.
The design team at Holiday Signs regularly helps organizations design attractive signage with text that gets 24-hour attention while staying in synch with all this and more.
Below are three examples of how we have successfully used contrast in type.
Successful Type Contrast in Action
6 BENEFITS OF DIGITAL SIGNS:
- Part 1- They Connect With The Community
- Part 2- They Can Be Paid For By Your Vendors
- Part 3- They Grab Attention of the Masses
- Part 4- They Allow You to Own the Media Channel
- Part 5- They Have a Long Track Record of Getting Attention
- Part 6- Use Them for Promoting Loss Leaders