Case Study: Signage for Ferrum College’s Hank Norton Center
- Our client had built a new building with help from generous donors;
- They wanted to name the new athletic center in honor of legendary former football coach and athletic director, Hank Norton;
- They sold room naming rights to attract additional funding and needed to mention donors throughout the building on room signs and also in special donor recognition areas.
- We worked closely with the office of the president and the development department to create effective ADA compliant interior signage with flexible donor and room naming;
- We used existing colors and architectural elements in our designs;
- We incorporated a new, updated campus map into the project that included the new facility.
- The customer was very satisfied with the look and function of the new branding and wayfinding system for the facility;
- We completed the project in time for their Open House as promised, and donors were excited to see recognition for their contributions;
- The new building signage became part of news stories and photos in the college’s PR and marketing of the new facility;
- We helped with more signs when renovations were made to the football stadium press box.
If you purchase or influence signage, you may also like one of these sign stories:
- MeadWestvaco: Why Use Sign Prototypes?
- Virginia Iconic Signs
- Case Study: Hotel John Marshall
- Historic Restoration Case Study
- Powerful Entrance to a Virginia Mixed Use Development
- Dominion Enterprises: High-Rise Branding
- Connects Federal Credit Union
- Historic Restoration-Altria Theater
- What is the Cocooning Effect?
- Shopping Center Repositioning
- Re-Branding a Retirement Community
- Turning Eyeballs into Smiles
- Green Marketing
- Site Lighting and Your Brand
- Flexible LED Case Study
- Custom Awnings
- Richmond Executive Airport
- Branding Grace Church
- Shopping Center Makeovers Boosting Economic Development
- Branding and Anniversary at Kings Dominion
- ACAC Fitness Centers
Contact: Mark Hackley