OPTING FOR GREEN SIGN TECHNOLOGY
Part Two- Green Options for Neon: Flexible LED and Capital Ale House Branding
SUSTAINABLE SIGN LIGHTING
Energy efficiency is an important element of sustainable design. When considering signage for new buildings or renovating signs at older ones, always take into account the extreme energy efficiency of LED.
- 94% energy savings over traditional neon.
NAME IN LIGHTS- WHY LED?
- Bright and colorful lighting- a requirement of urban retailers;
- Old generation neon lighting effectively replaced by LED;
- LED technology fully capable of balancing both attention and energy efficiency.
FLEXIBLE LED VERSUS OPEN TUBE NEON
In addition to lighting up channel letters and logos of many brands, LED lighting can also be incorporated into strip lighting, similar to the old open tube neon designs. Flexible LED is a sustainable alternative to inefficient neon tube technology for detail and accent lighting, offering tremendous energy and maintenance cost savings while achieving the same aesthetic results.
HIGHLIGHTING YOUR BRAND
When Capital Ale House opened its new Harrisonburg, Virginia location, they chose Holiday Signs to renovate the signage. In addition to new awnings, wall signs and parking lot signs, the existing oval shaped electric sign was refaced and retrofitted with flexible strip LED.
Implementing and promoting the earth-friendly benefits of low-energy sign lighting is a great starting point for an overall effective green marketing plan.
Contact: Mark Hackley, Account Executive
You may also like:
- Rockwood Square Shopping Center Repositioning
- Push-Thru Graphics
- Maximizing Electronic Message Centers
- Harper’s Mill: Branding a Community
- Opting for Green Technology-Part 1: Buy Local